G’day Zoners! I hope your all enjoying April Fool’s Day, and more importantly brushing up on your “Friday” lyrics so you can all sing-a-long with Stephen tonight. As much as I loathe that song I really hope Stephen can put the TGI back in Friday - it was once my favourite day of the week. But I digress. This week in Six Degrees News Jon Stewart makes a cameo in “The Adjustment Bureau”, Jason Jones is co-starring in a new CBS comedy pilot, Lewis Black stopped by “The Late Late Show”, Mark Malkoff will be a guest on “Beer Diplomacy”, Amy Sedaris has a new iPad App, Conan talks about “Conan O’Brian Can’t Stop” and Movits! are touring Canada and The US
The Daily Show
The Daily Show and Jon Stewart
- Thanks to eagle eyed Zoner RobM who recently saw "The Adjustment Bureau" for catching this:
"Jon Stewart and The Daily Show are featured somewhat prominently in The Adjustment Bureau? A clip of Matt Damon’s Congressman character appearing on the show is included in the opening montage, and in the second half of the movie he goes back on the show and there’s some short scenes that take place “backstage.”"
- Also thanks to Zoner lockhart43 for providing this clip in which Matt Damon explains how Jon came to be in the movie - Spoiler alert: Jon ad-libbed all of his lines.
Jon Stewart (Host)
- Jon has been announced as the special guest for the New York Food Banks 9th Annual Can-Do Awards Dinner on Thursday, April 7th at Abigail Kirsch’s Pier Sixty at Chelsea Piers on the Hudson River, NY.
- Jon will be performing at the Palace Theatre in Columbus, OH on Friday, April 29th at 7:30PM.
Brian Unger (Former Correspondant)
- Brian will host a new series for "The History Channel" called "How the States Got Their Shapes" which sets out to uncover the mysteries of the U.S. map, from the back stories of the jagged edges to the roots of the unusual shapes.
Jason Jones (Correspondant)
- Jason will co-star alongside Heather Locklear in the CBS comedy pilot "The Assistants".
John Oliver (Correspondant & Writer)
- John was the featured guest on Nerdist Podcast #69.
- John talks to "The Globe and Mail", "State News", and "Paste Magazine" about working on The Daily Show, John Oliver’s New York Stand-Up Special and his role as Vanity Smurf in the upcoming movie "The Smurf’s".
Josh Gad (Contributor)
- Josh talks to "The A.V Club" about his role in the new Matt Stone / Trey Parker musical "The Book of Mormon".
Kahane Cooperman (Co-Executive Producer)
- Kahan talks to the "Montclair Patch" about balancing family life with her job at “The Daily Show.”
Lewis Black (Contributor)
- Lewis was recently a guest on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson".
Lizz Winstead (The Daily Show Co-Creator)
- Lizz will be spending the month of July on tour benefiting Planned Parenthood.
Olivia Munn (Correspondant)
- Olivia was recently a guest on "Conan"
Samantha Bee (Correspondant)
Steve Carell (Former Correspondant)
Wyatt Cenac (Correspondant & Writer) and Kristen Schaal (Contributor)
- Wyatt and Kristen will be appearing at "The Videogum 3rd Annual Comedy Show and Party" on Thursday, April 7th at Bell House Brooklyn.
The Colbert Report
Ben Karlin (Co-Creator)
- Ben has signed a new two-year deal with ABC Studios to develop projects for the studio through his company SuperEgo Industries.
Mark Malkoff (Former Audience Co-Ordinator)
- Mark will be a guest at "Beer Diplomacy" on Monday, April 4th.
- Mark talks to Arik Abel about The Art of Living Virally”.
Tom Purcell (Executive Producer & Writer)
- Tom talks to the South Bend Tribune about his career, working on “The Colbert Report” and describes Stephen as "He’s the type of guy that you say my mom likes him more than she likes me. He’s so polite."
Friends of the Show
Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy)
- The trailer for Amy’s new film "The Best and The Brightest" has been released.
Conan O’Brien (Conan)
- Conan talks to the New York Times about "Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop" a documentary by Rodman Flender that goes on the road and behind-the-scenes of last year’s “Legally Prohibited Tour”.
- Conan was featured alongside Saturday Night Live’s Seth Meyes in Martha Stewart’s "Men Who Make Us Laugh".
Dana Carvey (The Dana Carvey Show)
- Dana was recently a guest on "The Late Show with David Letterman".
- Split Sider takes a "Look Back at The Dana Carvey Show".
- Dana will be performing at The Orleans Showroom in Las Vegas, NV on April 16 - 17th at 8:00PM.
Dan Savage (Friend of the Show and Advice Columnist)
- Dan was recently a guest on "The Gayle King Show" to discuss his YouTube project turned book "It Gets Better".
Jimmy Fallon (Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and 6 Month BFF)
- Jimmy was recently a guest on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show".
Movits! (Band and Friends of the Show)
- Movits! will be touring the US and Canda this April and May. Check out Movits.se for the full list of tour dates and venues.