EPISODE NUMBER: 7043 (March 30, 2011)
GUESTS: Tim Shriver, Trevor Potter
SEGMENTS: James O’Keefe Asks for Donations, Colbert PAC, Stephen Practices Rebecca Black’s “Friday”
VIDEOS: Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Stephen should get himself an Apple TV - he can watch tons of movies without having to wait for Netflix to send him the DVD. Is it just me, or is James O’Keefe pretty much the biggest tool ever? I was one of the 25,000 who signed up on the first day that ColbertPAC.com was announced. I did get a confirmation announcement, but nothing else as of yet. I’d like to hope that Stephen will use his newly-found PAC powers for good, or at least for good fun. The way that Stephen’s eyes lit up when he asked Potter if he could spend PAC money to rent a jet - “I can?!” - was both amazingly adorkable and amazingly terrifying.
So I realized that on Friday (Friday, Gotta get down on Friday), I would be able to watch Stephen live, on HD! Singing! We we we so excited! And sweet baby Jesus maybe that will finally purge those mind-melting lyrics out of my head - makes tick tock tick tock, wanna scream. D’oh!
I’ve spent many hours volunteering at Special Olympics, and the love and the warmth of the kids (and adults) competing in the events is just heartwarming. If you ever get a chance, go spend the day volunteering with some amazing athletes and amazing people. The “R” word has always been amazingly offensive to me because I’ve known so many so-called “special” people, and every single one of them was full of warmth and joy and trust. I hope one day to be as happy as some of the Downs Syndrome children I’ve worked with.
So what did all of you think of the episode today? Leave it in the comments!
- $25 for a Super Fly Ho’ Thumping cane? Really?
- He is a prop comedy genius. Like Gallagher but with more dildos.
- It’s funny because it’s a federal offense.
- It sounds like a lot for a video camera and fake web site but remember he has a huge dildo budget.
- Well, I did just send $300 to that nice Arroyo Q Smartman who emailed me about massive man volume make all ladies surprise.
- And I hope a bitch don’t make me put my rings on.
- Mike Huckabee has HuckPAC. HuckPAC, by the way, is Klingon for “Out After Iowa.”
- E-mail address would be like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait a minute, did he say almost there? Jimmy, less than half way is “not almost there”. I learned that when I tried to explain to the manager of my gym that my shorts almost covered my butt.
- But a small minority who care about children had to ruin it for everyone.
- That’s enough, that’s enough, I’ve got it, thank you.
- Fri…. I’ll never hit that note! It’s impossible!
- Hi, I’m Stephen Colbert. Kids, don’t use the ‘R’ word. It is totally gay.
Note to self: if offered, politely decline handj*b from Tim Pawlenty.online surveys